Glisten up girls! Get ready to celebrate NYE in style this year with our fave hair and beauty looks. Whether you opt for super sleek hair a’la Jennifer Lawrence or metallic nails inspired by the AW13 catwalk, we’ve got it covered so you can make the ultimate statement on the dance floor on New Years Eve!
We’ve made a list, we’ve checked it twice, you’re gonna find out what our favourite Christmas movies are! So get the kettle on, drag the duvet downstairs and get cosy with our top festive flicks.
Love Actually (2003)
We owe a lot to Richard Curtis. Not only did he bring us Blackadder and The Vicar of Dibley, but without him we may never have seen Hugh Grant and Colin Firth brawling in a fountain over Bridget Jones. He’s also the big softie behind some of the most romantic moments ever to grace our screens and his 2003 romcom, Love Actually, has to take the prize for the most heart-melty moments in one movie. If there’s one film that makes us want to snuggle on the sofa with a hunky man at Christmas (Colin or Hugh will do), it’s this one.
Struggling to find the perfect present for the picky people in your life? Well fear not; your pals at Simply Be have done the hard work for you and found some fantastic gifts that won’t end up on Ebay by Boxing Day. From the designer diva to the man in your life, check out or top present picks this Christmas and get your festive shop on quick sharp!
Hey there, pretty lady…
If she’s a girly girl with a penchant for preening, fill up her stocking with beauty booty and must-have hair products.
With just 20 sleeps ‘til the big day, take a look at our top picks for what’s hot this Christmas. Let us know what you’re loving in the comments or @SimplyBeUK
Oh how we love the fabulous festivities at this time of year! Dresses, dancing and skulking into work the next morning; nothing beats a good old Christmas party. Continue reading
Are you getting into the festive spirit? Here at Simply Be we’ve got a brilliant competition to get you in the mood for all things Christmas and win a stunning outfit worth up to £100!
So for your chance to win some new clothes of your choice up to the value of £100, head on over to our Pinterest page and follow these details:
You can be as creative as you like, but keep to the theme ‘What Christmas means to me’. After creating your Pinterest board, post us a link in our comments box on Pinterest so we can find your board!
Click here to find our pin!
Entries close at midnight on Sunday 9th December 2012.
Good luck and happy pinning xx
Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter of this competition is Candid Collections Limited, trading as Simply Be, Griffin House, 40 Lever Street, Manchester M60 6ES. (“Promoter”)
2. Each entrant taking part in this competition shall be referred to as a “Participant”. Participants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.
3. The competition is only open to UK residents aged 18 years or above. Employees of the Promoters, their associated companies, their agencies associated with this competition and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
4. To enter, Participants must do the following: Follow Simply Be UK on Pinterest, create a board and name it ‘Simply Be Christmas’, repin the entry pin and fill your board with items and images with the theme ‘What Christmas means to me’ and include at least one item from Simply Be. Then post a link to your board in our comments box below the original pin. Only one entry per person.
5. Entries must be submitted via Pinterest.
6. Entries must be submitted between 19th November 2012 and midnight on the 9th December 2012 (the “Competition Period”). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoter’s database. Late entries will not be accepted and the Promoters accept no responsibility for entries which are lost or corrupted during transmission.
7. After the closing date the entries will be narrowed down to ten boards of which the winner will be chosen by independent blogger Thrifty from athriftymrs.com. The Winners will be notified on Pinterest unless an email address is given, then we will notify the winner by email.
8. There will be only 1 winner.
9. The decision of the Panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. The overall winner will be decided by a independent blogger Thrifty at athriftymrs.com.
11. THE PRIZE – one Winner will be able to choose any outfit of their choice from the Simply Be website up to the value of £100, subject to stock availability.
12. The Prize is not transferable.
13. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, whether caused by infection by computer virus, mobile phone failure, line drop out, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion (subject to any written direction given by a relevant Regulatory Authority) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
14. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
It’s not just your Christmas party that requires a fabulous outfit – Christmas weekend means spending lots of time with family and friends – some of whom you only see once in a blue moon, so we all want to look our best. Then of course there are all the photo opportunities. And let’s not forget that any occasion is lots more fun when you look and feel fabulous!
Christmas is a very busy time, so the last thing you want to be worrying about is what you look like. Get your Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day outfits all planned out and then you can just relax – as much as you can!
Here are our suggestions – but of course everybody does everything differently over the festive period, so adapt these outfits to suit Christmas your way.
Many people like to get together or go out for drinks on Christmas Eve, so this glam look is just the thing. You can’t get more Christmassy than festive red while the leather-look trousers add a daring dose of rock’n'roll – but you could always swap these for plain leggings or tights.
The day itself is usually a time for family get-togethers so choose an outfit that will keep everybody happy. This chic blouse from our Lauren’s Way collection gives a bold colour pop that’s perfect for Christmas Day whilst palazzo pants are both comfy and on trend. Add a touch of sparkle with a hair accessory plus some fab shoes. If you’re doing the cooking or lots of running around after people then simply switch the heels for some fab flats. Effortless!
Whether you’re out for some fresh air to walk off a bit of that Christmas pud or simply snuggling and snoozing, a soft knitted jumper dress and thick tights will keep you warm and cosy. Shearling lined boots and bag add to the cosy feel and a scarf will add extra warmth. Royal purple is just the colour to keep that festive feeling going.
Whether Christmas shopping is something you love or loathe we could all do with a bit of inspiration to help us along!
If you’re stuck for what to buy that certain someone, here are some of our easy ideas – you can buy them all online with your Simply Be account!
The Gorgeous Girly
For girlies that love to look glam, how about some Lauren’s Way tanning products? Then she can get that immaculate TOWIE finish without having to step near a sunbed!
The Awkward Man
We all know at least one of them don’t we? Whether it’s a dad, brother, uncle or your other half, the fellas can be tricky to find great gifts for. Choices may seem more limited when buying for the boys as they can have quite rigid tastes – so why not get them something you know they’ll love but make it extra special by getting it personalised?
The Lovely Lady
Mums, aunties and grans – they all deserve a bit of treating don’t they? A fluffy fleece gown and some cosy slipper booties are the clothing equivalent of a hug… and we all love hugs, don’t we?
Our friends at The Brilliant Gift Shop have got so many ideas for toddlers that you will have no problem finding something wonderful. Something from the Learning & Development range will set them on their way to becoming a brain surgeon whilst still being lots of fun!
Teenagers can be notoriously hard to please. Channel their creative energy by getting them started on guitar, or tick off two of their favourite foodstuffs in one by treating them to a chocolate pizza!
The One Who Has it All
What do you buy the person who has everything? Give them an experience they’ll never forget! Our experience days range from sports car track says to a studo recording session. They’ll have the memories forever.
Take a look at the complete gift collection at The Brilliant Gift Shop - and remember, you can use your Simply Be account to shop!
Hello fashionistas! We just wanted to say Merry Christmas to you all!
Have a fab, fashion-forward day!
And don’t forget, there’s up to 50% off in our End of Season Sale, now on at www.simplybe.co.uk!