Sexy, chic and slimming…long live the LBD! First heralded as the future of figure-flattering fashion way back in the 1920s, the Little Black Dress has become a must-have item for style-savvy ladies the world over.
What started as a sketch of a simple yet elegant, black, long sleeve dress by none other than Coco Chanel, has become a century-long obsession with the LBD. At the time, Vogue predicted that the style would become a uniform for fashion conscious females; a forecast which proved entirely accurate. But, with the likes of Audrey Hepburn, Elizabeth Taylor and Marilyn Monroe advocating the look, it’s hardly surprising that the LBD became (and remains) such a firm wardrobe favourite.
One LBD. Three ways to wear.
In recognition of the versatility, longevity and altogether fabulousness of this sleek and subtle number, we bring you three very different outfits using one of our favourite LBDs from the Simply Be collection…
Crush on velvet with this lush LBD paired with rough-and-ready boots and accessories for instant off-duty cool.
We’re giving away this amazing party dress which was chosen by our Facebook fans. We ran a poll a while ago to let you guys decide what dress you would love us to make – and this is the final product
It will be on sale very soon but in the meantime we’re giving away this gorgeous party dress for one lucky person – so don’t miss out! If you’re looking for a stunning dress this party season then enter our competition to bag it yourself. In cobalt blue this bustier prom dress is a total winner that will turn heads at any great occasion!
1.The promoter of this competition is Candid Collections Limited, trading as Simply Be, Griffin House, 40 Lever Street, Manchester M60 6ES. (“Promoter”)
2. Each entrant taking part in this competition shall be referred to as a “Participant”. Participants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.
3. The competition is only open to UK residents aged 18 years or above. Employees of the Promoters, their associated companies, their agencies associated with this competition and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
4. To enter, Participants must submit the following answer to the question and include their name and email address on the Simply Be Facebook Fan Gate. Only one entry per person.
5. Entries must be submitted via Simply Be Facebook Page .
6. Entries may be submitted between 2nd November 2012 and midnight on the 11th November 2012 (the “Competition Period”). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoter’s database. Late entries will not be accepted and the Promoters accept no responsibility for entries which are lost or corrupted during transmission.
7. The winner will be drawn randomly from the Participants. The successful Participants will be emailed and then announced on the Simply Be Facebook pages. The Winner will be notified via email.
8. There will be only 1 winner.
9. The decision of the Panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. The overall winners will be decided by a random draw from the Participants giving the correct answer to the question.
11. THE PRIZE – one winner will receive the party dress as shown on the entry form, subject to stock availability. If not available in your size an alternative will be given.
12. The Prize is not transferable and there is no cash alternative.
13. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, whether caused by infection by computer virus, mobile phone failure, line drop out, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion (subject to any written direction given by a relevant Regulatory Authority) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
14. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
We do love the party season but there’s nothing worse than party outfit panic! You know, when you end up leaving it until a day or two before your party to get your outfit – and then you can’t find anything in the shops! Disaster!
We’d recommend getting your outfit organised early. Then when party time comes around you can just reach coolly into your wardrobe and pick out that gorgeous dress that’s been waiting for you.
There are lots of different styles you could go for this year – we’ve picked out some of our favourites.
Black is always a classic choice. Choose a statement dress and then edgy it up with lashings of black eyeliner. If you want to go blacker than black, velvet is the natural choice – and it feels so slinky too!